If you bring your computer to us for repair rest assured we will not lose your data. Every computer that comes to us for repair is repaired with the following procedure.
- First we make sure we understand the problem you are having.
- We make a full backup of your computer (to make sure we don’t lose your valuable data)
- We inspect the computer and assess the speed and capability of your computer. If your computer is less than 700 passmark we might recommend that you purchase a new computer.
- At this point we assess your computer and its problem, and let you how we recommend proceeding and give you a rough estimate of what it will cost.
- Then we attempt to fix the computer. In certain cases (typically involving a nasty virus) it may be necessary to wipe your computer clean and reinstall the operating system. This is like a fresh start and the computer is reset to exactly like it came from the factory.
- If it was necessary to wipe your computer, we reload your valuable data and documents (from step 2) and try to setup your computer to as close as possible to the way it was when you brought it to us. We might ask you for your program install disks.